Saturday, January 17, 2009

behold a new thing

the 2009 earl lectures at approaching fast and the theme... behold a new things: emerging expressions of faithfulness... is frustrating me. i am pondering space design ideas for the lectures and for worship, and find my self frustrated because in fact, nothing seems like a new thing.

and the passage for the closing worship (the valley of the dry bones from ez. 37) is one i love... for its literal imagery. which seems to be getting me no where.

so yesterday, after a brainstorming meeting at PSR, i played with paint along this theme. it felt so good to get back into it. it has been months. i didn't realized how starved i felt until i was covered in paint.

here's what i've got. let me know what you think, or if you have ponderings.

2 comments:

BAK said...

Very expressive and impressive.

Kelly Jo said...

i like the second one as far as earl lectures theme the way you talked about it. I like the first on in a general sense of art.