Thursday, January 17, 2008

trembling before God

I am so afraid. Deep into my bones scared. Hide under the covers, there are monsters in the closet, anxious.

Sitting in a class, picking through hegemony, oppression and its relationship to religion, I am reminded by the wisdom around me that God is present in the fight against oppression. God's vision is bigger than the here and now and I have to trust that.

To truly trust that, I have to open myself to a deeper relationship with God through a deeper spiritual life. This has been what I have been afraid of for a long time. If I get to a point where I am "listening to God," where will I be called? Can I do it? I feel so small next to the crazy, creativeness of the vision of God that I feel weak, insecure and paralyzed.

Do I jump? Do I make myself vulnerable? Do I open myself to the fight, the struggle, and the call of God?

Can I pray?

No comments: