Sunday, December 9, 2007

peace and hope...



These are the results of my snuggling up to the Bible for advent. Someone at MBCC mentioned that they were concerned when they heard there would be Advent banners... they pictured felt abominations, and were pleasantly surprised when what they saw was not made out of felt. I knew that "banners" might be too traditional for this crowd. We have renamed them advent panels.

Anyway, the one on the top is peace. The one on the bottom is hope.


Bruce has been challenging me to understand the proclamation of the gospel as an activity that happens all week... mostly outside of the "pulpit." I am beginning to understand that as I explore proclaiming the gospel visually.

Let me know what you think... Do these speak of peace and hope? What do they say to you about peace and hope? Do these images proclaim the gospel? Can images proclaim the gospel?

1 comment:

Nick Larson said...

Hey Abby, I just wanted to comment and let you know that I think your advent "panels" rock! I really loved your twist on stained glass look along with your ability to achieve some level of movement in more "static" concepts like Peace, Hope, and Love.