Sunday, September 14, 2008

my own found poetry?

i do not consider myself a wordsmith, but as i worked with a through a number of biblical texts this summer, i found myself wanting to make them my own. so i scrambled and re-ordered them until it followed the lessons i learned from these texts, the way they spoke to me over the last few months. here is what i got:

shall I give
the fruit of my body
for the sin of my soul

who am I that I should go
I will be with you
this shall be the sign
I am who I am

it is God
who is at work in you
transforming the beloved
with whom I am well pleased
truly I tell you as you did
to one of the least
you did to me

the Lord requires
loving kindness
living sacrifice
a humble walk
on holy ground
with your God

based on passages from
micah 6
joel 2
romans 12
exodus 3
phillipians 2
matthew 3
matthew 25

2 comments:

Kelly Jo said...

this is fantastic.

Kelly Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.