Tuesday, September 2, 2008

what i learned at school today

today could have very well been my last, first day of school. i have oscillated between being elated and saddened by that fact. so what did i learn at school today?

1. rev. dr. mr. president bill mckinney brought it in chapel today and reminded me that without love, none of this matters, or even make sense. without love, faith and this seminary journey is empty.

2. dr. randall miller, who i am so excited to learn from in a course called "ethics, the bible and sexuality," reminded me of the gift of my education and my obligation to share it with others.

3. brad corban reminded me that school is fun.

4. one of the articles i was skimming while i should have been listening, pointed out that i need to heal my sickness or hurry and savor all these moments. so put down the laptop, stop reading something else and freaking pay attention in class! and through some good old fashioned discipline at your spiritual life and stop simply complaining about having no time for God! stop whining. (my version...)

5. dietrich bonhoeffer taught me to live a life of faith without reservation. bill mckinney reminded me that to do that, i cannot live as dietrich bonhoeffer did but i have to live in relationship to myself as dietrich bonhoeffer lived in relationship to himself... if you follow.

in this attempt t make more time for God, i will make more time for the blog, as in the last year, it has been my most disciplined spiritual practice.

here we go. cheers to another year!

No comments: